About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The Journal’s Aims: to popularize and support research in continuing professional education; to model open and informative interdisciplinary forum for discussion about the problems of modernization Ukrainian and foreign systems of professional education.
The Journal’s Scope. Scientific journal “Continuing Professional Education: Theory and Practice” publishes articles on the problems of philosophy, theory and practice of continuous professional education.
The publication is addressed for researchers, undergraduates, postgraduates and doctoral candidates, students of post-graduate education, students, higher school teachers, everyone who is interested in philosophy, psychology and pedagogy of continuous professional education.
“Continuing Professional Education: Theory and Practice” has been published since 2001.
Scientific journal «Continuing Professional Education: Theory and Practice» has been included in the List of scientific professional editions of Ukraine, in which the results of dissertations for the scientific degree of Doctor, Candidate and PhD may be published (by the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine from December 28, 2019, No. 164328). The scientific edition is assigned the Category «B» in the Field of Study: 011 - Еduсаtiоnal, Pedagogical sciences, 012 - Рге-Sсhооl Еduсаtiоn, 013 - Рrіmагу Еduсаtiоn, 014 - Sесоndarу Еduсаtiоn (bу subject specialization), 015 - Vocational education (by subject specialization), 016 - Special education."
Peer Review Process
Peer Review Process
All the articles are reviewed.
1. The submitted articles to the editorial board should meet the requirements of the journal policy.
2. Checking the article for the degree of uniqueness copyright text. For all articles which are provided for reviewing, the degree of uniqueness copyright text is determined using appropriate software program Unichek.
3. All manuscripts submitted to Editorial Board are directed to the profile of research to reviewers.
4. For reviewing of the articles as reviewers may act independent high-qualified professionals who have profound professional knowledge and experience in a particular scientific direction.
5. Reviewer concludes the possibility of publishing the article usually within 14 days (fills in a standardized form, which contains a summary of recommendations).
6. Reviewing is held in confidence by the principles of double-blind reviewing (two-way "blind" review, when neither the author nor the reviewer do not know each other). The interaction between author and reviewers occurs through the editor of the journal.
7. If the reviewer points to the need to make certain articles corrections, the article is sent to the author with the offer to consider the comments in the preparation of an updated version of the article or to refute them reasonably. Into a revised article, the author adds the letter, which contains answers to all comments and explains all the changes that were made in the article. Revised version is given to a reviewer again for the decision and prepare a reasoned conclusion about the possibility of publication.
8. The final decision on the possibility and expediency of the publication is adopted by the chief editor and if necessary during meeting of the editorial board as a whole.
The main purpose of the review procedure is to eliminate cases of substandard practice research and to ensure coordination and adherence to balance of the interests of authors, readers, editorial board, reviewers, institution which carried out the research. Reviewers evaluate the theoretical and methodological level of the article, its practical value and scientific importance. In addition compliance of the article to the principles of ethics in scientific publications and recommendations for eliminating of violations are determined by reviewers. Peer Review Process All the articles are reviewed.
Open Access Policy
Journal Publication Ethics
The editorial policy of the Scientific Papers "Continuing Professional Education: Theory and Practice" aimed at ethical norms accepted by the international scientific community.
Editorial Board activity in this direction is based on the recommendations of the Committee on Publishing Ethics (Committee on Publication Ethics), as well as valuable experience in reputable international journals and publishing houses.
The Editorial Board is guided by the REGULATIONS on the academic integrity of academic, pedagogical and research staff and higher education learners of Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University.
An important condition for acceptance of articles for publication is the availability of new original research results that have never published before.
If the material has been previously published, the author must provide the wording of bibliographic references about previous publications and relevance of publications to justify a new version, explaining the nature of additions and changes made to the latest version of the article.
Any controversial issues (financial, academic, personal, etc.) are considered by the editorial board carefully. In the case of confirmation of suspicions relating to the possible plagiarism or results falsification the article will be rejected.
The Journal allows the authors to retain publishing rights and to hold the copyright without restriction.
All relationships with publishing ethics issues that arise between authors and the editorial board and are not regulated by this document generally can be regulated by international standards of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics).
The journal does not have a waiver policy.
The funding of issues is carried out at the expense of the Anton Makarenko Charitable Foundation
Sources of Support
Edition is published as a charity with the aim of free spreading.
There are no publication or submitting charges.
Sources of support - charitable contributions.