About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The Journal’s Aims: to popularize and support research in continuing professional education; to model open and informative interdisciplinary forum for discussion about the problems of modernization Ukrainian and foreign systems of professional education.
The Journal’s Scope. Scientific journal “Continuing Professional Education: Theory and Practice” publishes articles on the problems of philosophy, theory and practice of continuous professional education.
The publication is addressed for researchers, undergraduates, postgraduates and doctoral candidates, students of post-graduate education, students, higher school teachers, everyone who is interested in philosophy, psychology and pedagogy of continuous professional education.
“Continuing Professional Education: Theory and Practice” has been published since 2001.
Scientific journal «Continuing Professional Education: Theory and Practice» has been included in the List of scientific professional editions of Ukraine, in which the results of dissertations for the scientific degree of Doctor, Candidate and PhD may be published (by the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine from December 28, 2019, No. 164328). The scientific edition is assigned the Category «B» in the Field of Study: 011 - Еduсаtiоnal, Pedagogical sciences, 012 - Рге-Sсhооl Еduсаtiоn, 013 - Рrіmагу Еduсаtiоn, 014 - Sесоndarу Еduсаtiоn (bу subject specialization), 015 - Vocational education (by subject specialization), 016 - Special education."
Peer Review Process
All the articles are reviewed.
The procedure of reviewing is focused on the most objective assessment of the scientific article’s content, identification of its compliance with the journal. Also reviewing provides a comprehensive analysis of advantages and disadvantages of article materials. Only those articles that are valuable from a scientific point of view and contribute to solving actual educational problems are accepted for publication.
The main purpose of the review procedure is to eliminate cases of substandard practice research and to ensure coordination and adherence to balance of the interests of authors, readers, editorial board, reviewers, institution which carried out the research. Reviewers evaluate the theoretical and methodological level of the article, its practical value and scientific importance. In addition compliance of the article to the principles of ethics in scientific publications and recommendations for eliminating of violations are determined by reviewers.
STAGES FOR REVIEWING
- The submitted articles to the editorial board should meet the requirements of the journal policy.
- Checking the article for the degree of uniqueness copyright text. For all articles which are provided for reviewing, the degree of uniqueness copyright text is determined using appropriate software program Unichek.
- All manuscripts submitted to Editorial Board are directed to the profile of research to reviewers.
- For reviewing of the articles as reviewers may act independent high-qualified professionals who have profound professional knowledge, experience in a particular scientific direction and research on the specialty.
- Reviewer concludes the possibility of publishing the article usually within 14 days (fills in a standardized form, which contains a summary of recommendations).
- Reviewing is held in confidence by the principles of double-blind reviewing (two-way «blind» review, when neither the author nor the reviewer do not know each other). The interaction between author and reviewers occurs through the editor of the journal.
- If the reviewer points to the need to make certain articles corrections, the article is sent to the author with the offer to consider the comments in the preparation of an updated version of the article or to refute them reasonably. Into a revised article, the author adds the letter, which contains answers to all comments and explains all the changes that were made in the article. Revised version is given to a reviewer again for the decision and prepare a reasoned conclusion about the possibility of publication.
- Reviewers recommend the possibility of publishing an article:
- to publish without changes;
- to publish provided further follow-up revision of the article by the author;
- to publish after a significant revision of the article by the author;
- to reject the article on the whole.
- The final decision on the possibility and expediency of the publication is adopted by the meeting of the editorial board.
Open Access Policy
Journal Publication Ethics
The editorial policy of the scientific journal «Continuing Professional Education: Theory and Practice» aimed at ethical norms accepted by the international scientific community.
Editorial Board activity in this direction is based on the recommendations of the Committee on Publication Ethics, valuable experience in reputable international journals and publishing houses as well as current legislation of Ukraine.
The Editorial Board is guided by the REGULATIONS on the academic integrity of academic, pedagogical and research staff and higher education learners of Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University.
All authors must not submit materials which contain offensive statements, national, religious, racial and other types of discrimination or can cause ethnic and racial enmity, violate international law and legislation;
The Journal allows the authors to retain publishing rights and to hold the copyright without restriction.
All relationships with publishing ethics issues that arise between authors and the editorial board and are not regulated by this document generally can be regulated by international standards of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics).
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PARTIES
Members of Editorial Board:
- adhere to the ethical aspects of the work of editors and members of the Editorial Board in accordance with the Code of editorial ethics (https://publicationethics.org/files/Code_of_conduct_for_journal_editors_Mar11.pdf) and best practices of editorial work COPE;
- encourages and supports scientific integrity, adheres to editorial independence, accords priority to discussion and dispute;
- ensures timely careful selection and independent reviewof materials proposed for publication;
- are responsible for organizing the acceptance of the article for publishing, appointing a reviewer, notifying the author of approval for publishing, rejection or return for revision;
- have to send the results of reviewing, comments and recommendations to the author(s) in a period no more than 3 weeks; documentation associated with reviewing process should be retained;
- must ensure that submitted articles are processed in a confidential manner; editors should not disclose the names and other details of the authors and/or reviewers to a third party without their permission;
- gives no information related to maintenance of manuscript on consideration to other persons except persons which participate in reviewing process. After positive decision of the Editorial Board the article is published in the journal and placed on its webpage; after which the paper is submitted to the corresponding electronic resources of Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine and placed on the websites of international scientifically-metrical bases;
- should investigate all authors and/or reviewers’ complaints;
- may reject submitted articles if they consider the articles to be inappropriate for the journal and outside its sections;
- have the right to make the final decision on whether to accept or reject article depending on its originality, novelty, clarity and conformity to journal’s requirements
- provide an accurate description of the research, objectively highlight its scientific novelty and practical significance;
- are responsible for the views, opinions, results and conclusions of the articles published in the journal;
- have responsibility for the accuracy of the information in the articles, accuracy of names and quotes;
- confirm that submitted article was not published (in whole or in part). If the material has been previously published, the author must provide the wording of bibliographic references about previous publications and relevance of publications to justify a new version, explaining the nature of additions and changes made to the latest version of the article;
- must report any potential conflict of interests and guarantee absence of contract relations or ownership rights which the publication of results contained in a manuscript could influence (https://publicationethics.org/files/Recognise_Potential_Authorship_Problems.pdf)
- adhere to the ethical aspects of the work of reviewers in accordance with the norms established by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) (https://publicationethics.org/files/Ethical_guidelines_for_peer_reviewers_0.pdf);
- have to evaluate all manuscripts according to set criteria. All articles have to be reviewed in a period no more than 2 weeks. In other way reviewers should inform the editor if this is not possible;
- evaluate the manuscript regardless of ethnic, gender, religious or political affiliation of the authors;
- ensure the confidentiality of all materials related to the publication;
- it is forbidden to disclose information from the article or use any part of unpublished materials in own research;
- have to inform the Editorial Board about the manuscripts with plagiarism, fabricated data and biased citation. But any allegation of plagiarism should be accompanied by adequate and reasonable proofs.
- have to take into account a possibility of conflict of interests in the case when a manuscript is closely related to their current or published work or in case of professional or personal relations of the reviewer with the author, which may influence the reviewer’s judgment. If there is a conflict, a reviewers have to return the manuscript without a review, reporting the Editorial Board about the conflict of interests.
Mechanism for eliminating violations of publication ethics and unfair:
If publication ethics is breached by the members of Editorial Board, authors or reviewers, a mandatory investigation is required. Editorial Board must act in accordance with the norms established by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), and in accordance with the specifics of the detected violations. The decision of the Editorial Board must be impartial, objective and independent of third parties. In order for us to take an unbiased approach, Editorial Board investigate each case thoroughly, seeking clarification from all affected parties.
Types of publication ethics violations:
- violation of the norms of universal morality, hate speech, humiliation of the dignity of other persons, institutions, organizations, discrimination based on age, race, social, national, gender, religious, territorial, professional, political criteria in the text of the publication;
- undisclosed conflict of interest;
- re-publication (duplicate publication);
- lack of reference to the source, or other copyright violations;
- falsified data, indicating fictitious co-authors, publishing under a false name;
- assignment of an author's scientific idea or data by a reviewer, editor, etc.
If reviewers or members of the editorial board find such violations, they must act in accordance with the algorithm proposed Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE):
- request an explanation from author, reviewer or member of Editorial Board about publication ethics violation;
- in case of satisfactory explanation to continue publication process;
- in case of unsatisfactory explanations, the article or review with publication ethics violations is rejected;
- all decisions on violation of publishing ethics are made at the meeting of the Editorial Board with mandatory open voting and recording of the decision in the protocol of the meeting of the Editorial Board.
Edition is published as a charity with the aim of free spreading.
There are no publication or submitting charges.
The funding of issues is carried out at the expense of the Anton Makarenko Charitable Foundation